Sunday, May 20, 2007

Gray Fieldstone


This has been an exciting job with every turn. This home has been transformed into a show case. I am excited to be part of this job from the beginning. Every time I visit the job, it amazes me. I plan on doing several posts on this job to give the full look of the home. No blog or pictures can do justice for the home. But, I will try.
The stone used is the Heritage gray field stone. Teger Stone is the installer of the stone. The home has a series of wing walls for the foundation, and each wing wall has been stoned. Notice how the chimney goes through the roof line and down into the wall. This is a great perception of intersecting planes. The dark roof with an antique/cream white trim board and the white windows and the gray stone is an excellent combination. Hats off.
I will be posting over the next couple of days more details of this home.

No comments: